Buxton Art Fair - Young Artisan of the Year

  Spent the weekend at the Buxton Art Fair to find out the winner of the Peak District Artisan of the Year Award, and also the try to sell my work. It was a lovely event and I learned so much of the artists around me. Here's a link to their facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/PeakDistrictArtisans
  The space was incredible, the Buxton Great Dome this wonderful grand building. Made a wonderful place to sell work. I found myself staring up at it every few hours in wonder. 

 Georgia took second prize for her embroidery of figures. They were lovely pieces full of movement and life. The framing was also very clever- she placed the embroidered pieces in between two pieces of museum glass. This made it so that there was absolutely no reflection and the pieces hung suspended and casting shadows on the white board behind them. These shadows would move and change as the sun rose and fell.

















  Alice came third but, from what I could tell, took the majority of the public interest. She was one hell of a draftswoman. Her drawings were exquisite and I'm a little worried that shes this good before even going to university.





Comments

Popular Posts