Mad about Coffee Painting


   As part of the Coffee Festival in London there is an Art competition upon the subject of coffee. I'd just finished handing in my National Portrait entry and thought I'd have a quick go at it. I had roughly four days to paint it but, since I'd been thinking about it for a little while now, I had a clear idea of what I wanted to paint.
  I wanted to create a sense of sleepiness in the painting, the flows of her figure mirroring the shapes visible in the creme of the coffee. I wanted the colour scheme to equally mirror coffee. Having thought through all this it was actually very fun to paint and quickly finished in time to hand in on Friday. 
  One thing I really regret is stopping the filming half way through. The extra five or so painting hours after are clearly evident when the final painting comes into view, even though I tried to cover it up with flashing coffee beans. 


Comments

  1. HI.. I just want to say I love the art piece. It captures the anticipation of pulling a shot. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts