La Boheme Series





  Finished the deaths scene and I think its one of the first ones I've actually really liked of my recent work. It also provides a solid base from which to work on in my new paintings. My hope is to create a triptych of the few seconds surrounding this moment, and the man lowering his dead lover to the floor. The focus and the spaces where the grid shows through vary with the focus of the viewer. This series will amount to one video, and the end they will merge into each other like a very short bit of animation. I've already prepared the service and all I need do now is weight for the oils to dry. I want all three paintings started and finished by the end of next week.


And the updates video, set to Verdi:



23/03/14


   I was lucky enough to visit the Royal Albert Hall the other day as part of the press and take photos from the dressed rehearsal. It was an incredible experience, twenty or so photographers running around the stage in the four rows allotted to us, following the singers and photographing them. 
  Its taken me two weeks of thinking and playing before commiting it to canvas. I've began with three paintings, all been painted at the same time and to be finished for next week. In them I hope to explore both the surroundings and the performance itself. Here is where they are up to:


Although I found for the video La Traviata woked best:









Comments

Popular Posts