The Storyteller Painting



07/06/14
Day 4

     The colours aren't clean enough, I need to decide on the background tone and commit. The face is also a little cold ad need to be warmed up. The boc is also a little formless. Will play again tomorrow. 
  On a side note click on the picture, I photographed three shots and merged them together so that there would be enough information to go very very close. Its something I should work at since it will allow potential customers to see everything in obscene detail.




 05/06/14
Day 3 

 

  The colours are getting a lot better but still lack the right amount of intensity and depth. The expensive oil paints I'm using are definitely working a lot better than my usual cheap ones at layering. I need to add some more depth to her skin, possible in the form of a cooler shade. The box still isn't sharp enough, or fine enough and the letters are a little shoddy. But a few more sitting and this could be a really affective piece.


01/06/14
Day 2

   With this layer I wanted to work in the details, ass some more colour and start creating a sense of atmosphere.

  The puppets are looking better but I'm still feeling my way round their colours. I'm working from a black and while photograph so they are guessed at and made up. The box is looking far far too yellow and the skin is very pasty. I'm also rather unsure about the cabinet in the right hand corner, I'm worried that the composition would be weaker without it but it makes no sense.

 30/05/14
Day 1

  I wanted to paint this piece as soon as I saw the photographs. My aunt died late last year and she was a magnificent story teller. She could capture a narrative wonderfully, as well as retain the attention of the room with the smallest of efforts. The photograph captures this brilliantly and hopefully the painting will do likewise.
  Here is the underpainting, I will post more later on as it progresses.


Comments

Popular Posts