A Cat's Pout

  Trying to find a style or theme in painting which might sell well is hard, I seem to be struggling at any rate, so I though I'd just give painting pets a go. Is it selling out? Possibly, or maybe I need to sell one for it to be selling out, and if that were to happen then I'd be too happy to care. Anyway, to cut a medium size story short I had a go and here is the result, along with the video of it's actual creation.

 

  As a painting it lacks any great subtlety but there's potential there and it wasn't as hard or as easy as I thought. Creating an impression of a cat was relatively simple, making a painting which was more than just a sweet load of nothing was somewhat harder and might take me a little more time. I am excited to paint my next one. This was also my first painting on M.D.F. and I enjoyed the smoothness, as well as the durability of the surface which allowed a quite rough application of paint. It's not a forgiving surface, and mark making in emphasized, as it the thicker layers of paint.  

Comments

Popular Posts