10 Green Bottles Sitting on the Wall


  They are getting closer but I want a little more fluidity to the shapes and tones within the painting. I also need to add a stronger light source and tonal balance. 
 





31/10/2013

  I've been wanting to paint a series of bottles for a while and since I was struggling with another piece I thought I'd treat myself. I originally bought these panoramic canvases to do some landscapes but its a fun dimension for any painting. With this in mind I spent an entire evening playing around with different compositions, placing the canvas behind the bottles so that I planned it to fit.
   These paintings will hopefully show if I've mastered the subtle differences between cold and warm tones. I want the canvas to shimmer with slightly different shades of blue and purple, the core in the center bright red, and providing a focus point for the entire painting. I also want it to unite the two paintings, providing the viewer with a clue that the bottles arrangement is pretty similar but at a slightly different angle.
  This it them at the mid point. The shapes are defined but there's little feel or texture to it as of yet. I want these to be soft paintings, subtle but elegant. As of yet they remain chunky and unconvincing.


     This one is a little further on, and the red is working well to focus the center point. The subtle shade of the table also help to draw the eye across the painting and the darker pots.


 My next step it too loosen up my mark making a little and attempt to add more tonal variation and suggest a more distinct light source. Another few concentrated days should do it.  They've been very fun to paint, and I think I could very easily paint a series in a similar format.

Comments

Popular Posts