Painting the Paintings of Still Lives

19/06/14
  Just completed a time lapse video of this piece at the half way point. Still a lot of work but it allowed me time to think it through.

 07/06/14

   A good day today, still a long way to go but I'm starting to see some promise again. I followed a lot of the points on the list, some to more affect than others. Will go back to still lives for the next few weeks before the fair, but will look forward to coming back to it. One thing that is worrying me is that the wood is seriously warped in a corner and I'm not sure what to do about it. I think in a week or so I'll paint the back and see if it helps to warp it back to a normal level. 





06/06/14

  This week has been spent on the still life piece I've been planning for a while. Its nothing like id planned and, as with all my paintings, I've got stuck. The lights not really working and there isnt any clear focus like I'd like. Moreover the foreground still lives are still messy. In fact the entire painting is messy, as are all my works. How hard is it to paint a straight and clean line? For me it seems very hard and something I'm really going to have to work on.


Tomorrows tasks
  1. Redo the grid into larger squares, they are not exact enough and do not work, possibly redo and work into the mac grid as well.
  2. Cary on working on the foreground still lives, perhaps experiment with a extra object in the center? 
  3. CLEAN ALL THE LINES!!!! 
  4. Add a layer on top of the rug, had texture
  5. Redo the lines on her bum, make them faint but present
  6. Change the blue on the computer
  7. Paint the door handle and work out the door.

Comments

Popular Posts