Pupper Studies

I want to base the Bollington Show on both my work and that of my Great Aunt Muriel who lived there for the last four or so decades of her life. Alongside her paintings I also want to exhibit her puppets, as well as my mothers, in two glass display cabinets. I thought I could link these cabinets with my own work by creating studies of these figures as if they were animated and interacting with each other.


I enjoyed painting the background, the fabric a nice pattern and range of tones. The busier the background though the better the foreground has to be. I've also started painting this at a very late date, only a few days before the show so I can't work it up subtly. I want the painting to be quite crude and honest, but the balance between skill and speed is hard to get. We'll see. 

Comments

Popular Posts